How to become an Estate Agent
As most people who have sold & bought a new property will know, it will be most likely the biggest investment and so it is inherently stressful. Finding a great estate agent to help make the experience run smoothly makes all the difference.
Becoming an estate agent gives you the opportunity to have a very varied, interesting and satisfying role, keeping you busy which makes the days fly by.
If you are motivated, personable and have good negotiation, organisation and administration skills there is no reason why you shouldn’t start up your own successful letting & estate agency.
You currently do not need any official qualifications to start work as an estate agent, but there are many opportunities to develop your personal skills and gain extra qualifications while working as an estate agent.
As you will have seen on tv more and more estate agents are increasingly using the internet as their main sales platform, having a shop is no longer a requirement for running an estate agent.
Our combined package for £475 inclusive provides you with step by step instructions and includes a fully integrated website and business management software:
- All the documents, forms, marketing templates, tenancy agreements, legal notices.
- Rapid start up marketing plan to show the best and most proactive ways of finding and taking on new landlords and properties.
- Personnel structure, growth strategy, unique selling points.
- Preferential rates with industry leading suppliers as well as the ability to earn additional revenue from introducing to tenants and landlords insurance, rent guarantee products and through our referencing providers.
- Setting up of all office and filing procedures, accounting process in accordance with the national approved letting scheme.
- Lifetime access to our online support hub to keep up to date with any changes in legislation, ensuring that you have the most up to date documents and forms.
- Ongoing 1-2-1 telephone and email support so we can give you reassurance that you are doing everything in the correct way.
Our customisable websites include the following as standard:
- Portal uploading software.
- Bespoke software that we use to help us organise and run own agency with including:
- Tenant applicant matching software.
- Automatic property alerts.
- Social media integration.
- Essentials of SEO by submitting the website sitemap to all major search engines, obviously Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL etc. and we also set up the title tags to ensure that Google.
On top of this the software we provide will enable you to easily and effectively manage these key areas:
All the marketing tools you need to find tenants and buyers
- Unlimited portal uploads.
- Social media.
- Property/applicant matching.
- Email and SMS property alerts.
- Produce brochure and window cards.
- Window display slideshow.
- Automated viewing reminders.
- No more double entry of data.
- Enter your property details once and easily distribute them to all of your marketing channels – portals, applicants, your website and social media – saving you time and effort.
- Post your properties onto your Facebook page or Twitter account at the click of a button. Users can then click through to your website to view full details.
- Create advertising board orders from within the system and email them to your supplier. Manage existing boards and track their status.
- When you enter an applicant into the system, you can quickly record their requirements, run a search against the available properties and email/print matching properties. The applicant can also receive email or SMS notifications of new instructions or price changes on their matching properties.
Window display slideshow
- Display your properties in your office window with our automated slideshow.
Brochures and window cards
- Choose from our selection of professionally designed brochure and window card templates. Custom designs available upon request.
Unlimited portal uploads
Upload your properties to all of the major portals that you have accounts with, such as Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and On The Market. We also can send data feeds to over 60 portals and support the Rightmove Real Time Datafeed. Uploads are sent automatically overnight or you can manually at any time.